Before Your Appointment
Depending upon the reason for your doctor’s visit, this checklist can help you prepare.
- Gather documents to bring to your doctor’s visit:
- Copies of any tests, x-rays, or medical histories relating to your medical problem.
- Completed medical history questionnaire.
- A list of all current medications taken on a regular basis, including over-the- counter and herbal medications.
- Review any special directions from your doctor about diet or medication restrictions prior to your appointment.
- Ask friends or relatives to accompany you if you wish. Depending on the type of appointment you have, you may need someone to take you home.
- Bring a sweater or coat. Our buildings are kept cool to protect and ensure the proper function of medical equipment.
During Your Appointment
To make the most of your appointment, be sure to ask your doctor any questions or express any concerns you have.
After Your Appointment
What to expect after your appointment:
- If you need to see another doctor, we will make every effort to schedule additional tests and consultations at the earliest available time.
- If you need to be hospitalized, we will coordinate admitting arrangements and provide the hospital with information prior to your arrival.